Intimate and charming, La Valencia Hotel has been the place to stay in La Jolla since its opening in 1926. With 113 rooms, suites and Ocean Villas. La Valencia's also has three famous distinctive restaurants. There’s no better view in La Jolla while you relax by the outdoor pool with the Pacific Ocean as your backdrop. What you might not know about this landmark is that it embraces Green practices and is a Member of the Green Hotels Association.
Here are just a few of the La Valencia Hotel's Green efforts:
• Cleaning Supplies: All rooms and linens are cleaned with environmentally friendly eco certified cleaning products Member of the Green Hotels Association
• Recycled Paper: Property wide printing on recycled paper
• Non Smoking Hotel: La Valencia is a smoke free hotel
• Towel/Linen Reuse: Guests have the opportunity to do their part to reduce energy and detergents required for daily washings
• Recycling: Back of house recycling programs addressing glass, bottles, paper, cardboard, etc.
• Energy Conservation: Back of house lighting retrofitted and audited to ensure energy efficient bulbs are in place
• Water Conservation: Implementation and auditing of low flow systems for faucets, toilets, and showers
• Best Practices: Recycling of coat hangers, elimination of Styrofoam cups, battery and toner cartridges recycling system, complimentary overnight valet parking for hybrid cars
• Dry Cleaning: Guests and Employee dry-cleaning uses eco friendly methods and products
• Eco-friendly Food: We offer food organically grown and purchase some of our produce and vegetables from local farms
• Donation programs: Instead of being thrown away, unused amenity bottles and sheets are donated and used by local charities. They also a partner with Birch Aquarium at Scripps with Adopt a Seal program