Thursday, August 19, 2010

Are you ready to go back-to-school?!

I'm a little sad summer is already ending and first day of school is fast approaching. Our summer has been cooler than normal and only warmed up the past week. Even after three kids, I have yet to develop a back-to-school or first-day-of-school tradition so I am looking for ideas of ways to make the first day back to school very special. Thinking of special lunch box ideas or something special we can do after I pick them up. I would love to hear any traditions you might have!

In the meantime, I have some important shopping to get done and I'm striving to do it all locally. I encourage other parents to do same. I heard from business owners some leases in the Bird Rock business district have gone up by 30%; let's do our part to show support and shop for all those back to school items here in Bird Rock.

Our local surf & bikini shops have more than board shorts and suits, they have clothing, backpacks & accessories. August is when selected items go on sale! You'll see many name brands kids/teens love.

Bird Rock Surf Shop
Bird Rock Bikini & Beach Wear

Hoodie, Bird Rock Surf Shop



















Obey Berlin Sweatshirt, Mimi & Red Boutique




















For teen girls many trendy and affordable options can be found at Mimi & Red Boutique and Capricorn Boutique.

Also for your consideration this time of year, Promises2Kids invites you to participate in the 2010 Back to School Backpack and Flash Drive to collect school supplies for children and youth in foster care in San Diego. Local businesses, churches and community groups will host collection points throughout the community from August 2 to August 23, 2010.  Learn more

No comments:

Post a Comment